Accelerating Climate Solutions: Updates from Collab Fund’s Shared Future Fund
It’s been a whirlwind few months as we’ve rapidly expanded programming to support our growing portfolio of nearly 130 promising climate companies.
As a refresher, Collab Fund’s Shared Future Fund provides early funding and wraparound support to extraordinary founders tackling the climate crisis. We partner with top accelerators and fellowships to be the “first check in” for their standout companies. Then we leverage the full Collab Fund platform - from world-class mentorship to access to our advisor network - to help these businesses maximize impact.
In November and December, we hosted bicoastal founder convenings in San Francisco and New York City, bringing together over 80 entrepreneurs and investors united by this mission.
We also launched a dedicated newsletter, The Dispatch, to share resources, opportunities, and stories with this community. And our blog now features biweekly Q&As with founders sharing insights on their climate journeys.
These recent Q&As have spotlighted innovators in EV charging, carbon removal, cleantech financing software, and more:
- Angela and Frances of Bidirectional Energy on democratizing home EV charging
- Andrew, Linda and Paul of Carba on scaling new carbon removal tech
- Mikto and Kyle of Pioneer on unlocking government funding
Several Shared Future companies also recently announced major milestones:
- Elyos Energy raised $3M to build energy resilience
- Inlyte Energy secured $8M to revive advanced battery tech
- Byterat nabbed $4M to collect battery data and accelerate R&D
- Pioneer raised $2.9M to unlock climate financing
- Osium AI applies AI to materials innovation
The breadth of solutions we see underscores how massive the climate tech category has become. Our portfolio contains everything from remote sensing for carbon capture to AI-optimized energy asset management.
As we enter 2024, many of these talented founders will raise their first institutional rounds. We’re committed to supporting their success however we can. If you’d like to get involved, please reach out! Tackling the greatest challenge of our lifetime requires all of us.